A lot of work has gone into this release but many of the changes won’t be immediately obvious as we’ve;
- Changed and standardized every button.
- Relaxed the server limits for Pro versions.
- Improved the handling of licensing issues.
A good example of the changes can been seen in the splash screen. Not huge changes but they’ve been made everywhere. Another example is the comparison configuration screen.
Improvements to Advise
- Added partial support for column store indexes.
- Ignore fragmented indexes now based on pages rather than rows. Defaults to Microsoft recommended value of 1,000 pages.
- Database owner does not exist.
- Auto update statistics is disabled.
- Data files larger than 10GB with more than 90% free.
- Cost threshold for parallelism alerts if set to < 15, but suggests setting it to 30.
- If page verify is NONE or TORN_PAGE, suggest setting to CHECKSUM.
- If auto shrink is enabled, suggest setting to disabled.
- If auto create statistics is disabled, suggest setting to enabled.
- If auto update statistics is disabled, suggest setting to enabled.
- If auto close is enabled, suggest setting to disabled.
- If the compatibility level isn’t the latest, suggest setting to the latest but with a warning.
- The suggested size for new tempdb data files are now set to the total space / existing files * number of suggested files.